
I didn't want to have to resort to this, but since our blogs have caused some kind of administrative riot all of a sudden, I've decided to make an Academy-free one. Which really, I think, is completely fucking ridiculous.
First of all, Murray has to make a new blog because his aren't 'reflective' enough, and because he's writing about things other than film, then Amelie's is hijacked by some CPP joker who thinks that because he copies and pastes points that she made in one of her entries, makes for a valid rebuttal. And then, after me writing last night about how sickened I was by being judged on my personal opinion about my experiences. So far, so 1984, but the plot thickens: today we got an e-mail from the upper echelons of our course, warning us in advance of our year-group meeting tomorrow:
"Can I ask that none of you reply to any blogs about the Into The New project and that none of you post anything else online. Tomorrow’s yeargroup meeting will be to discuss this issue."
Dun-dun-DUUUUNNNNN!
WHAT THE FUCK?? What happened to the progressive, free-thinking academy where we were encouraged to get totally involved in self-expression?!
As well as this, I also read a link posted by the gay rights group Stonewall, about Conservative MP Philipa Stroud and her crazy voodoo ideas about brainwashing homosexuals and drug addicts into being fully fledged members of society again. Eh?! So you think spinning a magic coin is going to 'fix' something which is part of a person's genetic make-up? People don't choose to be gay, bisexual, transgender or straight; it's the way we intrinsically are.
So you'd think then, that my saying something in support of Stonewall and against Frankenstroud would be appreciated, right? Well, no. I made the mistake of thinking that she looked like a bit of a man, and so referred to her as a 'he-she'. I logged back in later, quite the thing, only to find my comment had been deleted because 'someone' had ran crying to the administrator with this:
"@ Stonewall - comments like Ada's, where Mrs Stroud is refered to as 'a grinning he-she is evidence of why you need to better support trans people. Get it sorted, your meant to be our representitve."
...did I say anything against transgender people? No. I was merely trying to show my support. I should have realised though, that even groups like Stonewall lobbying for gay rights cause as much segregation and alienation as those protesting against them. To be quite honest, I'm not really sure what to say and where I can say it anymore! I'm gonna have to start keeping a journal under lock and key, hidden in a safe, and written in a politically correct code that no one but me will be able to decipher. Well, me and maybe Robert and Jess.

DISCLAIMER!! (just in case of misunderstanding of what I mean, it seems to happen alot lately...) I am not posting this picture because I am in support of Nazis, Nazism, Adolf Hitler, or anything associated with the Third Reich. It is merely inkeeping with the tone and plus them crazy Germans weren't too crazy about free speech either)
No comments:
Post a Comment